I have already mentioned umpteen times as to how much me and my husband love dosas. We could eat them everyday (and night). And how could the genes not be passed on to Miss A. Yes, she loves them too! And this one tops the list of her favorite dosas. She loves gobbling it up with ghee (good for the hyperactive brain!). Also she is a huge fan of brown rice. I have to cook at least a little of brown rice everyday for her as it is one food she never says no to.
And brown rice is one super healthy food too! According to whfoods, when brown rice is produced, only the outermost hull is removed and is least damaging to the nutritional value. It is an excellent source of Manganese too which is important for a healthy nervous system. In this dosa, brown rice is fermented which increases its nutritional quotient even more. And the taste quotient? Come, ask my daughter!
This dosa combines the flavors of brown rice and coconut beautifully and the aroma of the fermented batter itself gives away the tasty goodness you will experience. You can enjoy it with butter or ghee or try this easy chutney. The chutney is my sister Pratiksha’s recipe while the dosa itself is my mom’s recipe.
So try this combo of a healthy dosa and easy chutney for your breakfast. Happy and healthy cooking!
|Matta Rice/ Boiled Rice/Kerala rice|
1 Cup Matta rice/ Boiled rice/ Kerala rice
1/2 Cup white rice
1/2 Cup grated Coconut ( fresh/ desiccated)
Salt to taste
Oil to cook the dosa
1. Wash well two cups of matta rice and one cup of white rice removing water at least thrice. Soak in three times water for 6 hours.
6. Keep it covered in a warm place overnight or for a minimum of 8 hours.
7. Heat the dosa griddle and pour a ladle full of batter. Shape it into a slightly thick dosa.
9. Flip and cook the dosa for a minute more.
10. Remove and serve with a dip of your choice. You can enjoy with plain butter or chutney of your choice.